Writing is hard and, even though I’ve been putting pen to paper for twenty-odd years, I’m still a novice. My journey towards publication is still on-going and probably will be for a while so… whilst I don’t profess to being any kind of expert in the field, here are a few helpful articles about my experience and a few bit of useful advice I’ve gathered along the way.
- Character development quiz
- Hot Seating
- Creating Cohesive Characters
- Realistic motivation for Fictional Characters
- Writing right: Physical Differences in Fiction
- Women in Fiction: 50 Shades of Agency
- The Limits of Magic #1: Where does magic come from?
- Source material: Elemental Magic
- Source material: Blood Magic
- Source material: Deity Magic
- Source material: Scientific Magic
- The Limits of Magic #2: What can magic be used for?
- The Limits of Magic #3: What can’t magic be used for and why?
PROGRESS AND EDITING
- 10 Tips for Getting the words down
- Surviving your first professional edit (Part 1)
- Surviving your first professional edit (Part 2)
- Killing your darlings
- Choosing Beta readers