Kim is a Fantasy writer who hails from the UK and spends most of her time ‘away with the fairies’. Her superpowers include mainlining fiction novels and looking fantastically silly in hats. After getting her degree in English and American Literature, she turned her hand to proofreading, editing and (perhaps oddly) graphic design.
She’s slowly but determinedly working towards getting a publishing deal and keeps track of her successes and failures over on the Adventures in Ink tag. She also collects useful writing advice and exercises, so if you’re looking for some ‘How To’s, have a gander at the Writing Is Hard section.
|Favourite authors||Robin Hobb, Terry Pratchett and Philip Pullman, with a healthy dose of Roald Dahl and George Orwell thrown in for good measure.|
|Favourite music||Rock, Folk, ‘Golden Oldies’, Ska, Punk, Alternative and Instrumental, with a smattering of left-wing Country on occasion.|
|Favourite movies||The Princess Bride, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Die Hard, 10 Things I Hate About You, Get Over It, Labyrinth, Deadpool.|
|Favourite hobbies||Reading (a given), writing (obviously), crafting, drawing, painting and gardening (which I’m really bad at).|
|Currently working on||The Winter Court, Book 2 of The Equinox Series.|
Five Fun Facts
- I am exactly 5ft tall and I have webbed feet.
- I pretended to be scared of the dark until I was 11 so I could read by the landing light after bedtime.
- I studied Russian for four years and the only word I can remember is yezh (hedgehog).
- I developed an allergy to caffeine in 2014, which means I have to write without the aid of tea or coffee. I will never emotionally recover from this tragedy.
- I am an INFP personality type (a Mediator) and have an irrepressible fondness for puppies, manatees, badgers and baby snails.