Part of the 52 Week Blog Challenge
10 years from now, hmm? It’s like the interview question from Hell.
Telling the future has never been my strong suit; the most I can do is accurately predict (100% success rate – so far) what sex an unborn child will be. And even that I think is more luck than intuition, as I struggle to know what I want for lunch most days.
So, it comes down to where I want to be in 10 years’ time, and where I’m likely to be. Sadly they look a bit different!
Where I’m likely to be:
|38 years old.. Good gravy.|
|Married, with two children.|
|In the same marketing job, but hopefully higher up the ladder.|
|Having grown a little rounder about the middle.|
|Saving up desperately for holidays so I can see the world before I die.|
|Still struggling to get my first book published.|
Where I’d like to be:
- 38 years old. Good gravy.
- Happily married, with three healthy bookworms for children.
- Owning a cockador called Fitz.
- With three published books under my belt and more on the way.
- Approaching the possibility of retiring from my marketing job and writing full time.
- Having travelled to at least 3 of the countries on my ‘To Do’ list [see post]
- Having completed the 9 Great Walks of New Zealand.
Isn’t the ‘likely’ list depressing? I’d much rather work towards the latter. I have dreams and ambition, after all. Let’s aim high! Ten years from now, I’ll write a post (if WordPress still exists and the world is still spinning) and see how I did. Cross your fingers for me. Cross your paws for Fitz.